There will be inevitable times when you will need to bring you pet with you when you travel. Though it may be for vacation or relocation, you will need to follow rules and regulations when travelling with your pet in a plane.
Here are some tips to make you and your pet relaxed while travelling in a plane.
1. Study the rules of regulations of the airline.
- Airlines have different policies when it comes to travelling with pets. You will need to ask these policies from the airline to make sure your pet can ride the airplane may this be in the cabin or in the cargo.
2. Get a direct flight.
- You may want to travel directly to your destination and avoid the layovers to avoid your pet from getting weary or dizzy. Remember that your pet is not used to flying and you may want to avoid the feeling from taking off and landing.
3. Get a good carrier.
- A pet carrier is necessary when taking your pet with you in your flight. The airline will not allow your pet to roam around the cargo or cabin, so make sure to get a good carrier wherein your pet is not cooped up.
4. Choose the cabin for your pet.
- As much as possible, choose to bring your pet in the cabin to prevent your pet from suffocating in the cargo. It may be too crowded in the cargo and oxygen may be less when it comes to cargo.
5. Bring enough food for your pet.
- Bringing a pet when you travel will not automatically have food for your pet. Make sure to bring enough food especially if your going on a long-hauled flight. Also, don’t forget to bring diapers for your pet.